Meet athlete, writer, climate-change advocate, (and the list goes on), Brody Leven
I don’t like to think much about nutrition, whether in the mountains or at home. It isn’t fun for me. And worrying about it is time I’d rather spend doing something else. I unfailingly excuse poor athletic performance with bad sleep, an “off day,” or another likely inaccurate point of blame. A foodie I am not—I know what works for me, what doesn’t, and what's easy. Food is fuel. If it tastes good, BONUS. At home, I eat granola every day. It’s simple power food and I love it. But I’m not home very much. Born to Crunch can travel with me and reminds me of home wherever I am, climbing and skiing the world’s mountains.
This is why I crunch
5 Oct 1987
- A professional skier who spends very little time actually skiing downhill.
- Based in SLC since 2006. From Chesterland, Ohio.
- Sponsors: Salomon, Goal Zero, Garmin
- Listening: Hip-hop. Old school hip-hop. Also, new school hip-hop. Podcasts. All of them.
- Piece of equipment can’t live without: Garmin watch
- I’ve never owned a TV, haven’t seen a movie since my college bought out a screening of Avatar, and generally hate screens.